The COVID 19 battered Financial capital of India is bracing for its first cyclonic storm in a century as Cyclonic Storm ‘NISARGA’ is expected to make a landfall on June 3rd.
Indian Meterological Department has issued a red warning in North Maharashtra and South Gujarat Coasts.
The Cyclone is expected to make a landfall close to Raigad District’s Alibaug region in the afternoon with a maximum sustained wind, heavy to very heavy rainfalls are expected at Mumbai, Palghar, Thane and Raigad.
With the sea condition expected to very rough fishermen have been advised not to venture into East, Central and Northeast Arabian Sea and along & off Karnataka-Goa-Maharashtra-south Gujarat coasts
The cyclone is also expected to inundate low lying areas of Mumbai, Thane and Raigad districts during the time of landfall.
SCIENTISTS: UNIQUE CORONA VIRUS STRAIN IMPACTING INDIA
Scientists from Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research have found out that a gene variant of Corona virus called as Clade I / A3i was seen in the 41% cases of the samples studied by the team.
Scientists analysed the phylogenetic clusters of genomes in India and performed whole-genome sequencing for 64 genomes.
Globally 3.5% of genomes, which till date could not be mapped to any distinct known cluster fall in this newly defined cladeCSIR
CSIR also explains why India has witnessed a predominant cluster spread, ‘Epidemiological assessments suggest that the common ancestor emerged in the month of February 2020 and possibly resulted in an outbreak followed by countrywide spread, as evidenced by the low divergence of the genomes from across the country’
BLACK LIVES MATTER: PROTEST CONTINUE ACROSS USA
Thousands of protesters staged a protest near the White House as military and civilian law enforcement personnel stood on the other side of a black chain link fence that had been put up to block access to the park.
The crowd chanted the name of George Floyd and Black Lives Matter. Floyd is the African-American man who died while in police custody in Minnesota.
The protesters also stood in front of St. John’s Church, the historic church where President Donald Trump visited after the area around Lafayette Park was cleared of protesters by law enforcement officials using smoke canisters and pepper balls.
Businesses were boarding up windows with plywood in anticipation of another night of violence after fires were set, windows were shattered, store shelves were emptied and dozens of police officers were injured in days of protests.
- With FELUDA, testing COVID may become faster and Cost EffectiveIn what can be termed as a big shot in the arm for India’s fight against COVID-19, premier research body, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) has revealed that Drugs Controller General of India has approved the commercial launch of Tata Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats (CRISPR) Covid-19 test aka “FELUDA”. India’s […]
- India-China Foreign Ministers Meet to resolve border tensionsIn further development on the Indo-China border conflict, external affairs minister S Jaishankar met with his counterpart Wang Yi in Moscow in an attempt to defuse tension after a spike in conflicts along the Line of Actual Control. The meet between the foreign ministers took place on the sidelines of the Shanghai Cooperation […]
- Sandeep Pandit: Indian Cuisine beyond Butter Chicken and CurryIn the kitchen, cooking with spices is not an easy task. The timing, the ratio of spices, and executing the right taste profile is a skill that comes with years and years of experience, so when the team of MasterChef Australia calls someone a ‘Spice Angel’, this can only be termed as an […]
- COVID-19 re infection cases baffle healthcare expertsMillions of people across the globe have recovered from COVID-19 and one of their primary concerns is whether they can get re-infected by the Novel Coronavirus. There have been multiple instances of people recovering from Corona Virus infection, but have tested positive again, raising fears of re-infection. As of now, scientists are unable […]
- Bengaluru: Sandalwood star heckled by Congress member for wearing a “sports bra”Incidents of moral policing are not new to the citizens of this country. Being judged based on what we’re wearing is also not new to the women of this country. But this time, all of this went overboard. It was South Indian actor Samyuktha Hegde who faced moral policing this time, and that […]