The COVID 19 battered Financial capital of India is bracing for its first cyclonic storm in a century as Cyclonic Storm ‘NISARGA’ is expected to make a landfall on June 3rd.
Indian Meterological Department has issued a red warning in North Maharashtra and South Gujarat Coasts.
The Cyclone is expected to make a landfall close to Raigad District’s Alibaug region in the afternoon with a maximum sustained wind, heavy to very heavy rainfalls are expected at Mumbai, Palghar, Thane and Raigad.
With the sea condition expected to very rough fishermen have been advised not to venture into East, Central and Northeast Arabian Sea and along & off Karnataka-Goa-Maharashtra-south Gujarat coasts
The cyclone is also expected to inundate low lying areas of Mumbai, Thane and Raigad districts during the time of landfall.
SCIENTISTS: UNIQUE CORONA VIRUS STRAIN IMPACTING INDIA
Scientists from Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research have found out that a gene variant of Corona virus called as Clade I / A3i was seen in the 41% cases of the samples studied by the team.
Scientists analysed the phylogenetic clusters of genomes in India and performed whole-genome sequencing for 64 genomes.
Globally 3.5% of genomes, which till date could not be mapped to any distinct known cluster fall in this newly defined cladeCSIR
CSIR also explains why India has witnessed a predominant cluster spread, ‘Epidemiological assessments suggest that the common ancestor emerged in the month of February 2020 and possibly resulted in an outbreak followed by countrywide spread, as evidenced by the low divergence of the genomes from across the country’
BLACK LIVES MATTER: PROTEST CONTINUE ACROSS USA
Thousands of protesters staged a protest near the White House as military and civilian law enforcement personnel stood on the other side of a black chain link fence that had been put up to block access to the park.
The crowd chanted the name of George Floyd and Black Lives Matter. Floyd is the African-American man who died while in police custody in Minnesota.
The protesters also stood in front of St. John’s Church, the historic church where President Donald Trump visited after the area around Lafayette Park was cleared of protesters by law enforcement officials using smoke canisters and pepper balls.
Businesses were boarding up windows with plywood in anticipation of another night of violence after fires were set, windows were shattered, store shelves were emptied and dozens of police officers were injured in days of protests.
- Can WHO approved anti-Malaria vaccine be a game changer in India’s fight against the disease?Very few instances in modern medical science have been defined as an epoch – the discovery of penicillin, use of X-ray for medical diagnosis, discovery of DNA’s double helix structure or perhaps even the creation of mRNA Covid vaccine. However, a recent statement by World Health Organisation has put the spotlight on a […]
- W.H.O to decide on Covaxin next week, keeps hundreds waitingWHO yet to decide on Covaxin
- A millennial tragedy: Whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram down!Social media platforms WhatsApp, Instagram, and Facebook experienced an outage on Monday affecting users worldwide. An outage that lasted for hours saw all three Facebook-controlled and owned services going unresponsive due to the shared infrastructure. The tracking website, Downdetector reported over 80,000 outages for WhatsApp and 50,000 for Facebook. We’re aware that some […]
- PM in America: A tour of many firstsPM tours America
- Amid covid pandemic, Dengue concern across statesIn the midst of covid pandemic, Centre shot a letter to all states and union territory however, the letter had nothing to do with the deadly disease. Central govt in fact wrote to states highlighting measures to control vector borne diseases such as dengue. Centre said that it was imperative to control the […]