The COVID 19 battered Financial capital of India is bracing for its first cyclonic storm in a century as Cyclonic Storm ‘NISARGA’ is expected to make a landfall on June 3rd.
Indian Meterological Department has issued a red warning in North Maharashtra and South Gujarat Coasts.
The Cyclone is expected to make a landfall close to Raigad District’s Alibaug region in the afternoon with a maximum sustained wind, heavy to very heavy rainfalls are expected at Mumbai, Palghar, Thane and Raigad.
With the sea condition expected to very rough fishermen have been advised not to venture into East, Central and Northeast Arabian Sea and along & off Karnataka-Goa-Maharashtra-south Gujarat coasts
The cyclone is also expected to inundate low lying areas of Mumbai, Thane and Raigad districts during the time of landfall.
SCIENTISTS: UNIQUE CORONA VIRUS STRAIN IMPACTING INDIA
Scientists from Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research have found out that a gene variant of Corona virus called as Clade I / A3i was seen in the 41% cases of the samples studied by the team.
Scientists analysed the phylogenetic clusters of genomes in India and performed whole-genome sequencing for 64 genomes.
Globally 3.5% of genomes, which till date could not be mapped to any distinct known cluster fall in this newly defined cladeCSIR
CSIR also explains why India has witnessed a predominant cluster spread, ‘Epidemiological assessments suggest that the common ancestor emerged in the month of February 2020 and possibly resulted in an outbreak followed by countrywide spread, as evidenced by the low divergence of the genomes from across the country’
BLACK LIVES MATTER: PROTEST CONTINUE ACROSS USA
Thousands of protesters staged a protest near the White House as military and civilian law enforcement personnel stood on the other side of a black chain link fence that had been put up to block access to the park.
The crowd chanted the name of George Floyd and Black Lives Matter. Floyd is the African-American man who died while in police custody in Minnesota.
The protesters also stood in front of St. John’s Church, the historic church where President Donald Trump visited after the area around Lafayette Park was cleared of protesters by law enforcement officials using smoke canisters and pepper balls.
Businesses were boarding up windows with plywood in anticipation of another night of violence after fires were set, windows were shattered, store shelves were emptied and dozens of police officers were injured in days of protests.
- Yulu Aims to be India’s largest micro-mobility player by 2022: Amit Gupta, CEOAs India’s population significantly rises, pressure on the government and private players to provide a safer, greener alternative to transportation has been a source of the big dilemma. However, Bengaluru based Yulu Bikes is keen bridging this gap for its tech-savvy clientele. In an exclusive conversation with NewsCaravan, Yulu Bikes CEO Amit Gupta spoke about how […]
- Central Government: “Single Male Parents” now entitled to Child Care LeaveIn a major reform brought by Department of Personnel & Training, Centre has announced that single male parent serving the government are now entitled to Child Care Leave. The provision will be available only for those male employees who happen to be “single male parent”, which may include male employees who are widowers […]
- AMUL Spends less than 1% on advertising: Dr R S Sodhi, Managing DirectorCan a company ever transcend beyond its role and represent voices, hopes & dreams of a nation? Well, Gujarat based Amul has managed to do all of that while also being the biggest dairy company in the country. For decades now, AMUL has shaped the FMCG sector, helping Indian farmers thrive, while also […]
- Supreme Court intervenes to control stubble burning in IndiaIn a recent development, Supreme Court (SC) has intervened to monitor the stubble burning in Punjab, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh. This comes in the wake of severe air pollution in the surrounding regions, especially Delhi-NCR, caused due to emissions from stubble burning in the ‘Grain Bowl of India’ (North-West India) The SC appointed […]
- 8 beaches from ‘Incredible India’ bag International Blue Flag CertificationIt is a proud moment for India as 8 beaches of India, spread across five states and two union territories, have been awarded the “BLUE FLAG” by an International Jury comprising of UNEP, UNWTO, FEE, IUCN. Blue flag refers to a eco-tag given to beaches which are cleanest among the world and are […]