Indian High Commission Islamabad
File Pic: Indian High Commission Islamabad

Two Indian High Commission officials in Islamabad missing

Two Indian High Commission officials in Islamabad ‘released’  Two junior officials of the Indian High Commission in Pakistan’s Islamabad, who went missing in the early hours of June 15th, were released after 12 hours of being picked by the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) while they were on their way to the airport.

The two Indian officials were targeted by Pakistani officials despite having diplomatic immunity.  Pakistan accused the officials of carrying fake currency & being involved in an accident which allegedly injured a few people. Pakistani officials even lodged a FIR against the two Indian men, a move that is regarded as the first step towards declaring someone as ‘Persona Non-Grata’

Mumbai Local

Western Railways resume Mumbai suburban trains for essential staff

The Railways has resumed   suburban train services in Mumbai for ferrying essential staff. The Central Railway and Western Railway decided to run “selective suburban services” over main line and harbour line only for essential staff as defined by the state government. 

Against a seating capacity to accommodate about 1,200 persons, only about 700 are to be allowed per train. The partial resumption of suburban train services is expected to benefit around 1.25 lakh employees of essential services of the state government.

Entry will be given at stations through ID cards of the employees.The Western Railway will run 73 pairs of suburban services including 8 pairs between Virar and Dahanu Road.

The Western Railway and Central Railway have decided to run the trains from 5.30 am to 11.30 pm with interval of around 15 minutes.

Maharashtra on Sunday recorded 3,390 new Coronavirus cases, taking the tally to 1,07,958, while 3,950 people have lost their lives due to COVID-19 so far.

Black lives Matter

Black Lives Matter: Death of African-American man sparks tension

A makeshift memorial popped up at a fast-food restaurant where a black man was fatally shot by a white Atlanta police officer, one of the latest deaths of black men that have ignited a new wave of anti-racism protests across the country. 

27 year old  Rayshard Brooks was shot dead after he resisted arrested after he failed field sobriety test.

Atlanta police department fired one officer and placed another on administrative duty for the fatal shooting Brooks. 

Body camera footage released by Atlanta police showed Brooks appearing good-humored and largely cooperative with the two white officers after being found sleeping alone in a car blocking a Wendy’s drive-thru lane.

“I know you’re just doing your job,” Brooks tells one of the officers about 40 minutes into the encounter when he agrees to a breath test. After he takes the test, an officer tries to handcuff Brooks and he attempts to flee – resulting in a struggle that ended with his death.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) said Brooks wrestled a Taser from one of the officers and ran.

The GBI also released security camera footage from the restaurant that showed a running Brooks turn and point an object in his hand toward an officer a few steps behind him.

COVID 19 Updates

Stay Safe